Can anyone give me reviews on the V Smile game system (not handheld)?

What do you think of it? What games do you recommend?

My son will be 4 in July.

tatpiercedmom2

Asked by tatpiercedmom2 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter liked it but grew out of it quickly. Now we passed it on to my sisters girls and they love it. My only problem was that I didn't think they had much variety in games.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 6:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my son LOVES his and there are different age groups for the games.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• SUCKS! My son's didn't work half the time. We used the AV cord and batteries and neither worked. We replaced it and got the same issues. Handheld did the same thing. $160 total in the toilet!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Don't do it! My MIL bought DS the tv system and the handheld. The TV system flat out died because it's such a piece of crap. Also, it was pretty hard to get the games out for a 4 year old. And I think the games really aren't that great and hard to understand what they're saying.
    Anonymous

• My daughter never liked it.
    Anonymous

• we got nontendo ds's for our boys when they were 3 1/2 and 5. i was surprised at how easily my young one took to it. we have the vsmile and the vpocket. we got a lot of use out of the vsmile. it was good for the 2-4 year olds. a 4 yo might like wii better.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My 4 year old loves the V. smile. Alphabet Park and Zahzoo and Partyland park. About all the games are educational unlike DS and Wii. My daughter is already reading and she has had V.smile for a little over a year.
    Anonymous