Anyone know of a multivitamin I can take that WON'T make me sick?!

I am anemic (iron-deficient) and also deficient in Vitamin D and Calcium. I am taking a multivitamin that has enough of all the supplements I need, but it makes me sick to my stomach. I take it with food, as recommended, but it still makes me sick.

Yes, I know there are foods that can also help, and I am trying to incorporate them into my diet, but for now I still need supplements. Is there anything out there that is more mild??

TwinMomma122304

Asked by TwinMomma122304 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• take it with a TUMS. Unless you take a Flintstones or liquid supplement, its gonna upset your tummy
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I have issues taking my vitamins, too. I take them at night right before bed. I have found this to be the only way for me. I hope you find something that works for you!
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I wish I knew. All adult vitamins make me vomit.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'd ask a pharmacist

Answer by admckenzie at 8:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• The only way I can take vitamins is right before I go to bed, otherwise I get sick also. Also just a heads up but check before you take Tums or drink drink with them because it could effect the way its absorb in your system. hugs
    Jillysmom

Answer by Jillysmom at 8:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I take mine right before bed...otherwise they make me sick. My doctor told me that I could take Flinstones if everything else made me too sick. Maybe you could do that?
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 10:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Hopefully, this is not one that you have tried and one that will not make you ill. I take the Rainbow Light Women's multi, though you may be better off with a prenatal.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Thanks all! I was considering trying a prenatal (but those made me sick during my pregnancies, sooooo...). I forgot about taking them at night! I'll have to try that. Flinstones would be fine for a regular vitamin, but I need extra iron (which is part of what makes me sick).
    TwinMomma122304

Answer by TwinMomma122304 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2010