Getting served??

So not that long ago I explained my situation about my sons dad, and how he's a drug dealer blah blah and I moved states and am hiding out from him. Well he tried to serve me child custody papers at my moms and. Course no one signed for him. But what happend when he can't find me to serve me? I have our son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like someone's going to jail for kidnapping. You can't just decide to keep your kid from him. If he is the jerk you say he is you have to go through the court system to have his rights taken away. And courts do not just take rights away. You had better have plenty of proof, plus they will give him a chance to clean up his act. It's a crappy system but it's the only one we have. You keep this up and you will be the one with no rights. You don't want that to happen.
    Anonymous

• He has no rights I've already called the non emergency line, and theirs no court order nothing. We don't even know for sure if he's the father (I was raped) so I'm not kidnapping
    Anonymous

• She is the child's mother and if there is no custody agreement in place from a court of law, there is no kidnapping. A drug dealer is not the horse to back.
    Anonymous

• I would go to www.womenslaw.org and link to KNOW THE LAWS and find your state to see what you can and cannot do without getting in trouble.
    Anonymous

• p.s. womenslaw.org has a section on parental kidnapping
    Anonymous