help pleaseee

my daughter is 4months she has a cold we went to the doctors today and they said she just has a cold and is very congested. she has a AWFUL cough its soo sad and shes losing her voice it seems like i was wondering is there anything i can do for her to help her cough i am using a humidifier for her but other then that im giving her saline drops for her stuffy nose and thats everything the doctor said to do the doc. said not to b worried unless shes having a hard time breatthing which she isnt but her cough is just so bad. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 6 month old just got over that same thing a few weeks ago. I know exactly how you feel! Keep running the humidifier and keep her really hydrated...that will prevent the mucus from thickening. Keep her nose clear and keep her head elevated when she sleeps. Other than that there isn't muh else you can do! I know you feel helpless but she'll get better! My son did!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I like to rub some vicks on the feet (yes, the feet) and cover with socks. It helps somehow. And of course the humidifier and the bulb syringe are your friends, though baby probably won't like the syringe. Hope she feels better soon!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• *If* you're breastfeeding you can also use drops of breastmilk in her nose, just like saline.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i know it is hard, but you are doing the right things. she will probably get a little better each day!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Saline drops in her nose, and take a warm shower with her.... the steam should help her to not be so stuffed up. Good luck and I hope you're little one starts feeling better soon!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010