Will one terrible sex session kill my marriage?

my Dh and I have been struggling and last night we had the worst sex we have ever had. Could this be the last striking blow to our marriage?

mjandkrMommy

Asked by mjandkrMommy at 7:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Ok, if one night of bad sex ruins your whole marriage, there's something more than just the sex that's bad.
    Anonymous

• Only if your entire relationship is based on lust.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• some sex is bound to suck. Especially if you forced it since you said you're havnig issues already. i need to feel loved and loving toward DH for sex to be good. If we're fighting, it WILL suck. I don't think one bad sexual encounter would be the final blow...unless ur hoping it is so you have a reason to leave... I would really seek counseling. Good luck.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I agree with anon.
    Anonymous

• It can only ruin it if you let it. If you (or he, or both of you) decide that sex is the most important thing to you, then yes it will ruin everything. But if you both realize that while it is important, sex is not the most important thing, and you realize that the occasional lousy session is going to happen to everyone, it'll be fine. You'll do it again, and it'll be better, and eventually the less than stellar session will fade from memory.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• No. I've been there; it can get better. You have to work on the non-sexual issues.
    Anonymous

• You got me wondering WHAT happened to make it so bad.........
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Lets see, how long have you been married?

I have had bad sex many times in my 18 year marriage. Sometimes it just happens. You just move on. Sometimes you or he is too tired for it to be great. Sometimes you or he will not "get off". Sometimes you try something and it doesn't work as planned. That doesn't mean it was all "bad". Sometimes the kids wake up at the worst time LOL.. Bad sex should not end a marriage unless something else is going on..

I am with TMJ, what happened to make one time so bad that you think the marriage can be over...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• op- we have had issues with the relationship. mostly my fault. I am emotionally messed up but I am working on it. I have had a kidney infection that started out as UTI. That whole area down there has been really tender. No sex drive for about 3 weeks. we really missed each other in that way. I think we just pushed it. been married 3 mo but together 3 yrs we have never had bad sex till last night. But good thing we tried again today! awesome we are both tired now. LOL thanks for all the support
    mjandkrMommy

Answer by mjandkrMommy at 7:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Marriage is about more than sex.
    Anonymous