What Infant/Toddler Carrier Will Work For Me?

I have a ring sling, it worked grate for my daughter. However not going so well with my son (5 weeks). I would prefer one that is easy to use, easy to nurse in and distributes the weight over both shoulders (he is already almost 13 LBS).

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 7:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I liked my moby wrap.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i love my beco and mai tie
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 7:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• although anything that holds the baby upright is going to be hard to nurse in. I used my Maya to nurse in till my son was older
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 7:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i agree with using a wrap with a infant a moby or sleepy wrap you could nurse in and distributes the weight
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 7:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Ditto Moby. It takes a little while to put on, yes (I mean, we're talking 30 seconds -- it's easier than it first seems) but you can put it on before you go where you're going... My daughter LOVED it as a young baby.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• The moby is an okay beginner wrap. It's versatile and is forgiving if you don't get the tying quite right. Check out my journal on the differnt kinds of baby carriers being demonstrated by women. You might see something that appeals. SquishyMommy1 on youtube demonstrates a VAST variety of slings and holds!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Mobys are good for little babies, but the stretchy fabric can sag a bit as baby gets older. I'd look at a Mei Tai or a soft-structured carrier (Beco or Ergo).
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 10:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2010