Do you know anyone who still thinks women are lesser than men?

IE, women shouldn't go to college
women shouldn't work
women shouldn't wear pants
women should do the cooking/cleaning/childrearing
women aren't as intelligent as men

Or other crap like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• unfortunately...yes
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My aunt was sort of like that. They were very strange and sort of lived in a Amish sort of way. Called Mennonites. She has since changed but still has strange ideas about things.

They thought we were strange b/c we wore pants and public school. ;)
    Anonymous

• Yes. My best friend Jen's husband. He talks down to all women like they are idiots. He never allows her to do anything without his permission. Even the smallest of decissions has to be run by him first. It's sick. I wish she would leave him.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I know some people who think women are not as important as men, none of the work they do (be it at home or a paying job) is acutal work, that a man can run around all night without a word to his wife, that every shred of parenting is her responsibility, etc.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yep. They're a dying breed in America, though. However, take a look at Asia and the Middle East...
    Anonymous

• my landlord.. he hates me why because i have an opinion and i will say something. i have no trouble telling him that hes being a jerk and why...but he loves my dh. my landlord feels women are to have kids takecare of them and cook and clean..men are to work. i should stop cleaning and let him see what happens if i do u just sit around all day.. lol.. hes an old school man/farmer. god i cant wait to buy a house so i can tell him wre to go. lol....
    Anonymous

• I know plenty of people like that unfortunately. Thankfully my hubs isn't one of them but instead is actually very feminist (more so than me even LOL). I've noticed a lot of moms like that on here though, which is really sad because they are teaching their children to think that way by insisting that there be such a seperation of mother & father.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• That doesn't mean lesser. It means different. Well, except for the "less intelligent" bit. People are smart in different things. Men and women are different, and that's a good thing.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Me lol..
    Anonymous

• in my family i do believe the woman should do the cooking/cleaning/child rearing bc i am much better at those things than my husband is.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010