Having a repeat sheduled C section.

Im having a repeat scheduled c section due to being high risk and having high blood pressure. I had an emergency c section with my first DD, but i am wondering how does everything happen with a planned one. To whoever has had one i would really like to know your experiences. Thanks

IsabellesMom23

Asked by IsabellesMom23 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There's really no difference. You can get an epi or spinal if you want to be awake your arms remain outstretched. The incision will either be the same spot or area close to it. The only differnece is they might not be in such a hurry to get it done. You know what to expect recovery wise so you should be nice and calm this time around.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I have had 2 c sections also(both planned though)..Planned is much better then emergency....your SO or another person you want in the room will be allowed in.(most hospitals dont allow anyone in the room during an emergency c section) I was scared my second wouldn't go as great as my 1st but it went waaay better..I was able to walk that night,Since i walked I could eat what i wanted.I held my baby while they sewed me back up..
    I was high risk with my 1st pregnancy my amniotic fluid was so low that they were gonna take take her out at 20 weeks,but we waited to see...Then i had my second and became high risk due to the same problem So bam! 2 c sections :D
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I've had three c-sections...
    The first was an emergency at 40 weeks. I was induced, went 38 hours into labor and he wouldnt come out evne with forceps. I was put to sleep for the emergency c-section...
    The second was stillborn at 29 weeks and I opted for a c-section to have the best chance at seeing her exactly how she was. I was also put to sleep for her birth.
    My last c-section however was just planned. I mean, as planned as it could of been! I was to go in on a friday and of course went into labor the night before my scheduled c-section. I arrived at the hosptial 6cm dialated... it wsn't quite and emergency but they did a little rushing. They took me into the OR and gave me the spinal.. That was kind of the worst part for me, needles scare me and I just hate them. After that, it was really no big deal. I was awake and I loved hearing my little baby cry her frist cry!!
    It's not bad being awake.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Planned is much better. Everyone is more relaxed and you're prepared so that helps too. Good Luck!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i have had 2 repeat (planned) after 1 emergency. let me tell you that you recover much much quicker after the planned vs. the emergency, so that's a plus. also usually you get to pick the day you want for the birth (of course working within your dr.'s schedule lol). you just can't eat like 12 hours before the sceduled surgery and you usually have to go to the hospital 2 hours beforehand to fill out paperwork, get blood drawn, get your iv in, etc. then they put in your spinal (or epidural, whichever the dr. wants) and you're on your way to the or. gl :) you'll be fine
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i didnt have 2 csections i just had 1 emergency. but by reading your answers to his post i must say im a little calmer now knowing what my second planned one is going to be like! and OP im sure you'll be just fine. GL =)
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Everything's the same, it just isn't a huge rush, like an emergency one would be! :) Good luck, and congrats!!! xoxoxo
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010