HELP ME!! I HAVE BEEN ITCHING ALL OVER MY BODY, causing me to bleed from the scratching

I have no rash or any bugs, but my entire body has been itching like crazy the last 7 days. I have sores all over from scratching so much. I wear my coat all day at work so nobody can see them. Its mainly my forearms, calfs, thighs, back, chest, Well everywhere except my face. I can not find an answer as to WHY? I keep telling myself to stop scratching, but i just can't. I have been globbing intensive moisture lotion from Avon, on the last few days, but its not helping, my skin doesn't even look dry. Now im just greasy from all the lotion but still itching like crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• Are you using any new soaps or detergents? You could be having an allergic reaction.

I recommend Aveeno or Eucerin lotion instead of that Avon stuff...
    Anonymous

• Try Eucerin lotion, I dont think Avon will help at all. And take a bath and put Aveeno(in the blue pack) in the water and soak in it. Dont wear perfume, and make sure your detergent isnt causing it.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• take some benedryl (sp?). maybe you have scabies? they live under the skin. maybe you should go to the dr. and see what's up if the benedryl doesn't help or if it helps but you're still itchy after it wears off
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• And i mean the Aveeno in powder form that comes in little baggies.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I went nuts itching a few weeks ago. Nothing helped. I tried the over the counter creams but they didn't work. I had to get a prescription steroid cream. I'd steer clear of any lotions with a fragrance connected to it but my doctor suggests Eucerin for simple itching like for dry skin. If everyone is itching it might be worth a doctor visit

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• if all else fails, get a aloe plant break the leaf open and rub it into your skin- worked like a charm for me when I had a rash that was unexplained- pretty sure it was a allergic reaction-
    Anonymous

• meth??? allergic reaction??? dry skin??? Drugs??? many reasons why your itching.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2010