Did you receive the "new" credit card statement yet?

I got mine-

It says that if I make no additional charges and each month I pay the minimum payment that I would pay off the balance shown on the statement in about 8 years and that I will end up paying an estimated total of 1,230.00.

TALKING ABOUT REALITY CHECK!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have. I like that they show how long it will take to pay off the card and how much I'd be paying.

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• didn't even know we were getting new ones. don't most people know paying the minium is a terrible idea? We use our like a check card and pay it off every month. If you can't, I really think you should tear it up. that stuff will ruin you!
    Anonymous

• didn't even know we were getting new ones

A few provisions of the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act that President Obama signed into law May 2009 took effect immediately and a few won't take effect until August. But most of the provisions take effect Monday, February 22, 2010.
    Anonymous

• yepp...i had a handle on my cards so it wasnt much of a shocker...something i didnt realize was the fee on one of the accounts i had! Ive had it over a year now, and im working on establishing HISTORY so i dont want to close it, but seriously the annual fee is RIDICULOUS!!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I did. I am so glad I don't carry a balance!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• No we didn't, but that's because
    WE'RE CREDIT CARD FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Woohoo!
    No but seriously if you want to get out of debt and stay out, check out DaveRamsey.com
    Borrow Total Money Makeover from your local library
    And definitely join the Dave Ramsey group on Cafemom :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010