is it acceptable for a 2 year old baby to be in daycare 15 hours a day?

My daughter is with her dad right now and he has her in daycare from 430 in the morning until 7:45 at night... do you think that this is okay?

jaiwheeler

Asked by jaiwheeler at 8:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What are the other options? Even to me that's too long a day...but I don't know the whole story.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It's long but you have to do what you have to do.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• what daycare is open that early and late at the same time?? i'd say yes, i used to work in daycare and felt bad for the kids who had both parents working and were there all day from 6-6, but at the same time it wasn't anything they could do about it, it was a job. they were good with picking them up early if they got off early though. some daycare/preschool teachers see kids more than the parents do these days. if her dad is doing it just to keep her out of his hair and not working or anything, then yes that is WAY too much time in daycare.
    Anonymous

• good lord. I would never be ok with that- I don't think anyone would argue that the daycare really is raising your child at that point! but I don't know the circumstances of the arrangement so maybe its for the best.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• That is unacceptable to me. I don't know the full story but it sounds like he doesn't want to have to deal with her. I would NEVER put my son or any children in day care for that long.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• That is ridiculous. That poor baby.
    Anonymous

• Awww, that sucks for the child. Hope theres no other options out there....but honestly if hes working that many hours or two jobs whatever the case, then...gotta do whatcha gotta do to eat!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• MY KIDS WOULDNT BE IN DAYCARE THAT LONG, BUT IF THATS YOUR ONLY OPTION RIGHT NOW, THEN YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN FIND A BETTER OPTION SOON GOOD LUCK
    kymommaX3

Answer by kymommaX3 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I don't know where you live...there are daycares/preschools here open that late, but they still have restrictions on how long a child may be in the daycare per day. I think my nephew's daycare was 12 hours and I had to pick him up on many occassions to avoid him being over the limit.
    Anonymous

• If he is working that whole time I see nothing wrong with it but if he is only working like 8 hours then messing around the rest of the time there is a problem.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010