urgent question

should you go to the hospitial when u have a bladder or UTI infection? i think i have a bladder or UTI infection, i have to pee like every 5 seconds and now it is starting to hurt and when i wipe their is a tiny bit of brown blood, what do u think it is? should i go to the emergency room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• maybe an urgent care if you have one, but I wouldn't call it a medical emergency
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• did you just have sex? that could cause you to have a uti. and that could also be the reason why you are bleeding. If it turns into massive amounts of blood then maybe i would go. If you are in that much pain, i would go.
    Anonymous

• no i have had it since yesterday but it seems worse now, i havent had sex since tuesday
    megan.meza

Answer by megan.meza at 8:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I've always gone to the ER because the pain is too much for me to handle.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• You may have a kidney stone, that is how mine was, it got to where I was peeing out blood, if I hadn't went to the E.R then it would have ruptured my oh I don't recall the tube they said but it was stuck in the tube that is in between the kidney and bladder and every time I peed then it would cut, it would have eventually rupurted my tube, yikes!!
    Anonymous

• This isn't really a reason to go to the ER. Going to the ER for things like this is what makes ERs so busy. Try drinking plenty of water and tough it out until tomorrow.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If it burns to pee wait til the morning...if you are having pain in your lower back...go to the ER. The lower back indicates kidney infection ... which is what a UTI can turn into and that can be very serious. Good Luck!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 9:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• go see a doctor and get some antibiotics, but it isn't an emergency room situation.
    roundnround

Answer by roundnround at 9:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Drink lots of water (like a glass an hour); take cranberry capsules; no caffeine, alcohol, spicy or acidic foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 AM on Mar. 12, 2010