please read and respond?

should you go to the hospitial when u have a bladder or UTI infection? i think i have a bladder or UTI infection, i have to pee like every 5 seconds and now it is starting to hurt and when i wipe their is a tiny bit of brown blood, what do u think it is? should i go to the emergency room?

megan.meza

Asked by megan.meza at 8:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• if you have a regular dr. you could go there rather than the er..... you need an antibiotic and yes to me it sounds like a bad uti
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• you could try drinking lots of cranberry juice..try to find a low sugar one if possible. drink lots of water. you should be able to wiat until tomorrow and see your dr.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If you are pregnant, don't wait or at least call an on call Dr. Otherwise it would probably be ok to get an appointment with your Dr. My SIL waited and waited until she was in a lot of pain and finally went to the ER and ended up delivering her baby that day at 25 weeks because the infection had traveled to her uterus.
    Anonymous

• Waiting until tomorrow to call the doctor will not hurt your. Drink alot of water.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I would suggest an urgent care clinic if there is one nearby. Like other people said, it won't be the end of the world if you wait to get some antibiotics tomorrow, but UTI's suck so for me, I want the meds asap. There are a few over the counter things you can buy to ease the pain. One brand is AZO. I am pretty sure you can get it at Walgreens or a grocery store.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 9:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Could be passing a stone & it's stuck. You can try drinking pure cranberry juice. Since there is blood, I would go to the ER.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2010