i really dont want to come across as mean...

but i need help telling my mother to stop leaving me voicemail every time she calls. it wouldnt be so bad if she only called sometimes or every couple days but she is calling me a few times every day. i am tired of checking voicemail. what is a nice way to tell her to stop without hurting her feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just tell her you almost never check your voicemail so just call back later. It's true, I don't..
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• what's the big deal? it's just inconvenient to you? i used to be like that with my mom, but now she's dead and i wish i treated her better

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• confused

writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Let her fill your voicemail up and that way she can't leave them anymore! lol Then tell everyone else to txt you when they need ya! lol
    With my mom I told her to only leave a voice messege if it's an emergency.....otherwise, if I have a missed call from her, then i'll give her a call back when I'm ABLE TO. Hopefully she'll get the hint! Good Luck!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i feel your pain! my dad does the same thing! i told him nicely in a sarcastic kind of way.. he laughed and understood.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 9:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• what are voicemails for? i think they are mostly for people you wanna avoid or if you are actually gone.Based on what you said you arent her biggest fan,therefore your already avoiding her,what else can she do? im not trying to be mean but thats the honest truth.
    Anonymous

• bump above, stop listening to them and don't return the call. Remember what the delete button is, and as soon as you hear her voice delete delete delete- particularly if it is via a mobile ph, you should be able to check who's calls you missed, if they are only hers, just delete the boxful
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I guess I am jealouse because my Mom hardly ever called me ...didn't seem to care....and I wouldn't have complained . But that is just me.
    Anonymous

• What I wouldn't do to have a mom who actually cared enough about me to even dial my number. You should be grateful that your mother calls you. I wouldn't say anything about the voicemails. If they are just to say hi and it bothers you that much, just delete the voicemail without listening to it.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• You could ask her to leave a voice message only if it's important or an emergency.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2010