So young and already done with kids?

My husband & I are only 18. We had her just a year ago. My daughter is really great and doesn't cause much trouble at all. He always says how cute and smart she is everyday. I know I don't want one RIGHT now but later I def. want another. He already said he's done. He's very serious about it. I don't know what to do? I highly doubt he'll change his mind in the future. Knowing she's already my last gets me really upset.

DeathBat

Asked by DeathBat at 9:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybie because he pays for everything he understand kids aren't that cheap,maybie he rather just be happy and take care of the big resposability he already has.
    Anonymous

• Some people are happy that way
    Anonymous

• You are trying to cross the bridge before you come to it, and forcing a fight ahead of time. You aren't even ready for another baby yet so stop forcing the issue until it is a burning need. Eighteen is really young to decide he is done, and it is also really young to be going after baby no. 2. Why don't you give yourselves some time, you have around 20 more years in which a baby might come along, but if you try to force him into a decision now, you won't get your way. I wanted more kids than my hubby, and I waited five years, one day he said Lets go for it....You just never know what might happen with some maturity, life experience and family time Sadly, numbers of kids is one of those things that should be discussed at least before the walk down the aisle.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• unless he's getting a vasectomy then there's always that possibility in the future despite what he says now.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It's quite possible he will change his mind. Time is on your side there, because the two of you will both change SO MUCH in the next decade.

Time can also play against you on that, though...as you mature, you may decide that you shouldn't be together. You don't know what's ahead.

For the moment...nothing is written in stone. You've got a LOT of reproductive years in front of you.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• He may very well change his mind in the future.
    This should be a big issue for you guys, one that can make or break you...something you should sit down and discuss at length...
    Anonymous

• alright... i just wish he wouldn't yell at my face about it though. but like i said i'm not saying let's start TTC.......
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 9:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• DRUG HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO. NO TALK 2 HIM ABOUT IT SO SHE WOULDNT GROW UP WITHOUT A SISTER OR BROTHER PLEASE HONEY.
    Anonymous

• My husband said the same thing at 21. He swore up and down that he would NEVER, EVER want another baby. Not that he didn't love our son, or being a father, he just didn't see the possibility of ever loving another child like he did his first son. He also was insecure about being able to provide for more than one child, along with the unsureity of being able to handle more than one child.
    A little before our son's 3rd birthday he turned to me one night and said "I want another baby". Nine months later our second son was born.
    Part of it was our 1st was no longer a baby, and he missed that. Also his grandfather had recently passed away. It kind of put life into perspective and made him want to have a little girl before his mom gets old and passes away.

Like PP said, as long as there isn't a vasectomy than it doesn't mean forever. I think just let him know how you feel and leave it at that.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 9:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• he told me to get my tubes tied. and said no and was never brough up again. but thanks annamac.. that makes me somewhat better.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 9:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2010