Anyone living in Florida??

Just wondering...since it's hot down there, do you see a ton of big giant spiders? Haha! I'm asking because I want to go there, but I'm so afraid of spiders and I don't know how I'd handle the huge ones....so, do you see them a lot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have lived in FL for 20+ years and I really never have seen big spiders! I have seen cockaroaches and lizards but not spiders....come down and enjoy!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I've livd in Florida since 1981. I don't really see a lot of spiders here. The craziest bug is the palmetto (it's like a giant cockroach)
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• There are huge banana spiders in the woods that build HUGE webs, so if you stay out of the woods, you should be fine. banana spiders don't bite people, they like to just build huge webs.
    roundnround

Answer by roundnround at 9:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Nope... No spiders here... If I ever saw a "big" spider, I'd probably RUN all the way to Canada! =)
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 9:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Thanks, everyone! I feel a lot better about going down there, haha! I hate cold weather! =)
    Anonymous

• If I saw a big spider, believe me...no matter where you are...you'll hear me screaming!!!

My DS learned at a very early age, if Dad isn't home....it was his job to kill the spider! hee hee
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I hear that, Daisy521!! I've got my dd trained, too! Ha!
    Anonymous

• I must be missing out on something - banana spiders are native to the rain forests in South America. I have never seen one here in South Florida.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2010