How are you saving money?

My hubby and I have started a Financial Peace Univ. with Dave Ramsey, I'm just needing some more ideas on saving money and generorating more to save and pay off debt.

Asked by prettyxt at 4:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• I hope this falls in an answer for you....but I cut DH's hair. It saves us about $12.00 every 2 to 3 weeks. At first (5 years ago) i did buy a conair mens clippers & hair cut kit for $50, but i've been doing it every sence. I do have my cosmo license, but i've never liked "hair cutting". but his i can do! We also don't deal with credit cards, if we can't pay for it w/ cash we dont get it. Best of luck to you & the fam.!

Answer by JaxonsHotMomma at 4:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I always suggest to people who are really trying to save money to join
    I've had a lot of really nice men and women there help me with my finances!

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 4:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Try to max out your 401k, may companies will match up to a certain percentage. Seek out more options with a financial advisor they will have plenty of info for you and it will be credible. Ask friends for a referral or at work.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• ummm i actually ride my bicycle to worl...i live about 5 miles from work so its about 10 miles a day and that saves me about 80 bucks a week on gas times that by 4 and thats 320 a month!!! not to mention it keeps me in shape, and its better for the enviroment!

Answer by ladiematrix at 2:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I learned the prices of the standard groceries that we need for our family each week, and I've comparison shopped, so that now I know where and how much to get, plus I clip coupons and stock up when things are on a good sale price. I only buy what we need, no extras, except for sale items sometimes like pretzels and popcorn. I only buy meat when it is on sale, and then I portion it out and freeze in portions, so we are not wasting and not over-eating. I buy veggies frozen in big bags, store brand, they last longer, I pack a lunch every day for my husband and myself for work, so we don't have to leave the office, save $ on lunch and gas, we make pasta about 3 times a week, we use the store brand spring water (always least expensive), the items we use the most of, we buy in bulk at Costco.

It's still expensive, but we are saving since we are penny pinching.

Answer by 35Steph at 9:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Budget our food, I make menu items, figure out what is cheaper at sams..
    use our food leftovers
    use the cheapy diapers (we're potty training anyways)
    don't eat out, pack our lunches
    use our freezer
    most of it is food wise..
    save trips gas wise

Answer by JennBear54 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I can help you save money on your car insurance. I save $50 by signing up. It is CDRP and it is through a company called IDA

IDA is the exclusive provider of the Collision Deductible Reserve Planâ„¢ (CDRPâ„¢), a service designed specifically to help consumers lower the cost of their overall automobile insurance premium without changing their insurance agent or insurance company. The CDRP helps consumers increase their cash flow and discretionary income by helping people save money they are currently paying to their insurance company.

The CDRP will enable consumers to save up to 40% or more on their overall automobile insurance cost!

Contact me if you would like more info

Answer by mmaa3131 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2008