do u think its a little bit wrong to?

i was listening to the radio the other morning and there was a poll on there. i was just wondering what all the other moms out there think of it to.

the poll was do you think it is ok to give 11 and 12 yr old boys condoms, and put same age girls on birth controll.?

apparently there is a break out of 11 and 12 yr old girls getting prego..

shortstuff69

Asked by shortstuff69 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• They are going to have sex. We can't stop them. We can help prevent it. I'd rather have a 12 year old on BC or keeping a condom, than a 12 year old mom or dad.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I just dont get it, at 12 they shouldn't have the "free range" to be able to find time or place to do this.

They should either be in school with adult supervision or with parents.

I think parents are giving too much freedom and not enough firm control. Period!

I understand how a 16 yr old get pregnant, they start driving and dating. Before that.....they are MINE!
    Anonymous

• i agree with the PP
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i agree with annon
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• NO.

I would not let a 12 year old think it's ok to have sex. No way. I don't know about other people's kids, but my dd (when she turns 12) WILL NOT be having sex. You can bet on that one.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• in my personal opinon i dont think a 11 or 12 yr old should know what sex is yet.. but schools are wanting to teach sex ed in the 5 th grade with perental approval of course... i dont think schools should teach something like that to kids that young. i think the parents should have a chance to talk to their kids first. and yes i agree there isnt enough disapline if a child that young is having sex.
    Anonymous

• holy hell - I don't even want to think about it
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'd never put my 12 yo DD on BC. That shit messed MY BODY up big time. I was already an adult too.
    Anonymous

• When I talk to my son about sex I probably will keep condoms around for him to use. I would rather him use condoms when having sex and not get some girl pregnant than him be a 12 year old dad. There are plenty of kids that young getting pregnant. My niece was 10. Her mother was letting her share a room with a 16 year old boy. Her mother is in jail right now but is getting out soon and her father is sending her back to her mother. I wish I knew how to get in touch with her grandmother because I would call her. She works for CPS and would not let her go back to her mother. Also in Sweden they are planning to make smaller condoms so that they fit teens better as to help prevent pregnancies because of condoms being too big and falling off.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I will try to formulate an answer after I get over the shock of the question and several of the other answers.
    Anonymous