Did you hear about the school who cancelled prom because a girl wanted to bring her girlfriend?

Seriously? I'm a Christian and don't agree with homosexuality as a whole... but to cancel a whole prom over something that PETTY? Girls dance with each other at proms all the time. The school could just enforce some sort of "intimacy" limit.. lol... no kissing or something (I can see how ANY couple kissing would make people feel uncomfortable.. not necessarily just same-sex couples.)

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have to agree with you. Schools already enforce a no PDA rule. Who cares who goes with who, and what she wanted to where? It's ridiculous
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• My husband is a teacher and they had several gay couples...boys and girls.

They scooted around the issue by allowing the kids to "go with" a student of the opposite sex, according to their ticket records...when it reality...everyone knew who they were really GOING with.

Anonymous

• ahhaha... sorry its a total repeat... I just heard about it and didn't search through questions to see if it had been asked about yet. :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I don't agree with gay marriage, or homosexuality... but its the point that they cancelled EVERYONE's prom over THAT. Seriously? If it was a religious school, I could see not allowing THAT COUPLE to go... but it just ruins it for everyone. It isn't the school's business what people do with their personal lives, and as long as they don't flaunt it... it shouldn't ruin everyone else's fun, ya know?
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• yeah i saw it today on my facebook. i agree with you on this one. isn't Mississippi the state that just stopped segragated proms like a couple years ago? seriously, they had one prom for whites and one for blacks. Morgan Freeman stopped it, i watched a show about it, i just can't remember when. but alot of parents were against it and had their own "white" prom on their own.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• So is Morgan Freeman gonna stop the Black Miss America pageant or thats ok?
    Anonymous

• sad state of affairs when prom is canceled because the adults are afraid of the gays and lesbians. people need to open their eyes. just cause ya don't like it doesn't mean you can force it to go away. I don't like red meat but hey...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Tu Shea anon 10:44.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My highschool had a rule that couples buying tickets together got a discount, but that couple had to be a male and a female. Couple of pissed off kids, but nothing was done about it. People just bought tickets together, showed up, and then went with their real date. This was only in 06. Buuuut I live in the freakin' buckle of the Bible Belt, so that may have something to do with it.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 11:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010