anybody else have hermit crabs?

my son has 2. one we bought from the shore and one from petsmart. he's had them for almost a year now. any idea how long they live? one is big (mr. krabs) and one is small (krusty krab). the big one loves to change shells and the small one refuses to change lmao. but the small one has molted 2 times so i know he's growing. just can't find a shell he wants lol

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pets

• Sorry I only have regular crabs....hoooohoohaha!!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• lol..... glad i don't have those! or give them to my son for that matter lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• omg those are so cute,i think they have them at the mall for like 20 dollars and the shells are painted really cute,now im gonna have to get one.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• seriously, when I was a kid, mine seemd to explode. one morning i woke up and crab parts were all over. i still don't know what happened.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I use to. Its hard to keep them in KY weather though. My setup also wasn't the best. I had a hard time keeping the humidity right in the tank. They can last for years. I've heard of them surviving up to 20 years. It all depends on how well you are taking care of them. I assume since you've had them for a year that you know what your doing. ;)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Almost a year? Thats awesome! lol

We used to have one but he got, um, injured....not by one of my kids...lol So I dont know how long they live.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2010