What is the biggest mistake you have made as a parent?

We all have one. No judging the other posters. Be honest!

When my son was 2 I left him at a daycare where I found out later they were abusing him. I should have paid attention when he would fight me to stay in the car every morning.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Lacking patience and expecting them to understand why I am angry and at my wit's end. It took a long time for me to realize they were just too little..... The good thing is that I'm much more patient.
    Anonymous

• I think not being consistent. I will do time out, spank, or talk to the kids. It'd be better if I stuck with one.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Losing my temper somedays, and just going straight to yelling or a spank on the butt, when other days, for the same thing she's done wrong, I can talk nicely and tell her what she did wrong. Not that she really understands, she's only 1 :(
    I have a quick temper, and I hate it.
    Anonymous

• Is this another one of those joke posts like the child as a spit wad target one? Seriously, I can't tell when people are joking or not anymore on here.
    Anonymous

• Letting my stupid doctor talk me into getting induced early when it wasn't necessary. I blame that for all the problems we've had since he's been born. Digestive and what not.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Okay 1049 stop being a drama queen. I'm sorry you don't have the common sense to see the difference between serious and not serious.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I thought you said no judging other posters, yet you are telling me I have no common sense. Nice.

Anonymous

• I suppose i won't know that until i get older and my children are raised.
    But right now i feet is my temper. I have a short temper sometimes and i say things i don't mean or am too strict with my discipline.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I hate when I take my eyes off of my son for a second and he gets hurt. I remember when he was around a year old and I had him on my bed. He was rolling around and playing happily while I was getting dressed. I turned around just in time to seem him fall backwards off the other side of the bed and I couldn't get to him fast enough. My bed is low to the ground and he was fine, but I felt like a grade a moron for letting him play on the bed while I wasn't right on top of him.

Ugh, what a dope I am!! Fortunately my husband's best friend is also a paramedic and our tenant (he lives in an apartment down stairs). I brought our son down to see him right away and he said he was fine.
    Anonymous

• anon 1100 You didnt answer the post. I was referring to the moms sharing their mistakes not you whining about a previous post. You just want to whine and start crap. Why don't you go tattle again. I love this you whine about how other people's posts offend you, well here's an idea....don't respond to them!!! If everything on the internet offends you then stay off it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010