ok I'm confused I just took the belief o matic quiz and have ?'s......

Long story short, I was raised in the catholic church and then as I got older I decided to try a non denominational church and have liked it so far. I feel as though something is missing in my life. Anyways I just got done taking the quiz and it said Orthodox Jew as the highest one. Ok so now I'm just confused. Has anyone else taken this test and found that the religion that the test recommended turned out to be a right fit for them? I am just confused because both Christians and Jews have a different set of beliefs. If anyone has any suggestions or advice that would be great. Thanks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never heard of this test. Where do you get it?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Is this one of the online quizzes like you get on Facebook? I'd not determine my faith on a quiz written for a social media network. You need to research what religions believe and then pray over which one you think best fits your own personal beliefs.
    Anonymous

• No. google belief o matic and you will find it. it's a good quiz. i've taking it several times before. I always get about the same every time.

sorry OP i don't know what to tell you. Good luck!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Why don't you try looking into the Orthodox Jewish belief system and see what it says? That quiz is a great way and reason to educate yourself. You might find that you have more in common with their beliefs than you think you should, or you might find that it's way off track. Either way, you will have gained some valuable knowledge. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'm a Christian, and I usually end up getting Reformed Judaism in the top of my list. But its not what you call yourself that matters. Its more important to really sit down and think about what you believe about the specifics and why, rather than worrying about something as general as a label. I would recommend really doing some soul searching and some deep thinking about what YOU believe about things, and then compare those results with what other faiths/denominations/etc believe in order to determine how your beliefs relate to those of the other religions and which one you most relate to, if you really feel like you need to define yourself a certain way.

Its pretty much the same concept as the beliefomatic, but its more personal and involved, and it really helps you to think through what you believe and WHY you believe it, because that's more important than how you define yourself. You don't have to fit in a box ... :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Has anyone else taken this test and found that the religion that the test recommended turned out to be a right fit for them?

It only confirmed what I already knew, but there have been a few times someone here has taken that and ended up finding a new religion - usually a case of something they've never heard of before ending up being the right match.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I have taken that quiz and it has me pegged every time. I am Jewish and consider myself somewhere in the realm of "conservadox", basically somewhere in the middle of Conservative & Orthodox Judaism, and the quiz always lists Orthodox Judaism as my top choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• The test is just for fun.. I do not take it seriously, I took it and got a totally different response than I expected. I did not take it seriously as i know what I am without a test to attempt to prove it for me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I've taken this test numerous times, and it has been right on the money many times. Here's the thing, as you see not everyone is always willing to identify their beliefs properly. The test simply takes the beliefs YOU have and tells you what religion they align with the most. Chances are, if your results are saying you should be Jewish, maybe you should do some basic research and find out what it is they really believe. OR if you are set on belonging to a religion where your beliefs don't fall 100%, then maybe you should start to reevaluate your personal beliefs.

The test is very very accurate because it can't take emotion in to play, which is mostly what people do. We FEEL we belong on a certain path rather than look at the facts and make an educated choice. The computer can't do that, it just says "here are your beliefs and here is what they align with."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2010