Could my 15 month old be seriously hurt or is he okay?

After me and DH finished giving our dd and ds a bath, dh was getting ds (15 months old) dressed while I dressed dd. Well ds kept attempting to run away cause he wanted to stay naked but dh finally caught him and got his diaper on and stood him up to put his shirt on and ds jerked away while dh was still putting on his shirt and ds fell backwards and hit the lower back part of his head on one of his toys he had been playing with in the living room. Could he be seriously injured? He cried as soon as it happened and he didn't cry long and while I was trying to soothe him he actually told me he wanted to get down and he did and started running around. He seems fine, I am just a worrier. Dh said he's fine and not to worry and he's tough...but to me, he is my baby...Thanks for anyne that helps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's a good thing he cried.
    does he have a bump? it would be good if he does. but don't freak out if he doesn't.
    is he acting normal? it's good if he is.
    what about his pupils? are they normal? if they aren't then watch him carefully and call his doctor or take him to the ER if they don't go back to normal soon.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I agree with the pp. As long as he didn't black out or anything, and his pupils are fine, he's acting fine, there's not an abnormally large bump or abnormally large bruise (a "goose egg" or a little bruising would be normal), he's not complaining his head hurts, he's not acting unusually sleepy (now, of course, if it's late, and he's tired, then that's one thing, I mean tired beyond his normal behavior at this time of day for you), anything like that, then it sounds like he's fine.

I understand, moms do worry :-) But, honestly, kids do get bumps and bruises frequently - especially toddlers - they seem to always get bumped and banged up - my dh used to say he thought ours must have been 1/2 rubber, as much as they seemed to bounce around... I think he's going to be ok :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i am sure he is fine!
    with bumps to the head i look for pupils that differ in size, nausea, unusual behavior...
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My mom always told me that if they cry that they are probably okay...its when they don't cry and it was a hard fall to worry...also watch for vomiting, nausea or just not acting like himself...he sounds fine though.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 9:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2010