Sciatic Nerve Pain at 12 weeks???

I'm just about 12 weeks pregnant. I am experiencing pain in my lower back/butt/leg that few people have said could be sciatic. Does that sound right or is it too early to be experiencing that??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's definitely not too early. i am 14 weeks and i've had it for about 4 weeks now. it's soooo uncomfortable! tell your ob though cause he may have you see a physical therapist to help.
    Anonymous

• I always have it early in my pregnancies and then it goes away by about 15 or 16 weeks. Dunno why lol. But it's definately not too early.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I swear as soon as I got pregnant I had horrible pain in my lower back. I thought it was kidney stones or an infection. Im 32 weeks and it has just gotten worst. Im tempted to take up my doctors offer on muscle relaxers..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i would try a chiropractor before a physical therapist. starting now could prevent it from getting really bad as your belly grows.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Oh honey, I am right there with you! It wakes me up at night if I turn over too fast or get up to pee too fast. It's like a cramp that doesn't go away. My Dr. said there isn't anything that you can do except wear some sort of belly holder upper lol. It's too friggin hot for that, where I live anyway. It's 75 here today and I am sweating. I am 21 weeks. I am hoping it goes away SOON!!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i got sciatica at 2 and half months, dr just wanted to give pain meds but they dont work on me. got physical therapy and it made it worse. went to chiropractor and had back adjusted and given biofreeze cream. icepack and biofreeze help, heat made worse. havent had sciatic pain in almost a week
    jayde08

Answer by jayde08 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2010