Does the Belief-O-Matic work?

Have you taken the Belief-O-Matic quiz? http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

Did it categorize your beliefs correctly? Did it help you learn about other faiths or belief systems?

Tell me about your results. It classified me as Secular Humanist (100%) followed closely by Unitarian Universalism (97%), which is pretty much right where I am at.

DEpley

Asked by DEpley at 11:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mine put Unitarian Universalism at 100% and Liberal Quakers at 98% and honestly? I think I will be looking into these. I am not thinking the quiz is completely going to hit the nail on the head... but spirituality is something I have been searching out recently and I appreciated the suggestions. Thanks for the link!!!
    michella.radio

Answer by michella.radio at 12:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i've taken it several times. Yes, it is always pretty much correct.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Secular Humanist 100%. Yep, I would agree to that!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• From my experience it always tends to be reasonably accurate. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i got neo-pagan.
    it got my beliefs corret. however, i dont feel the need to classify my beliefs, or claim a certain group.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It says I'm a unitarian Universalist at 100%. I have a little bit of an aversion to Christian based religions, though, and would rather not be classified as UU lol. The next is Neo-Pagan at 93%. I usually identify myself much more as pagan.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• the thing i dont like about it is that if you dont know what you believe in or are confused, that's not going to help you much. That just pretty much confirms what you already know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Mainline conservative christian/protestant..thats me but like the anonymous said it isn't telling me what I do not already know.Some of the questions/choices for answers seemed to have a bias slant to them too.I think if somebody were to take this to try and get some insight on what it is they believe then they should not put a whole lot of stock into it.Instead research beliefs for themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I think the BoM is just a little TOO perfect and straightforward. Maybe something with more vague and general questions would help. Maybe it's just me.

Mine says secular humanist and then UU. Which is pretty much perfect. I love BeliefNet anyway, they have a lot of cool articles =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2010