Back and ankle pain..HELP!

I'm only 5 months pregnant and am already starting to have horrible back and ankle pains. I have herniated disks so the pain is awful. With my first pregnancy I did not have this much pain until about 8.5 months. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Tylenol with codeine but I don't like to take it because it makes me dizzy. The pain is so bad it wakes me up at night, if I can even get to sleep. I have a young daughter and I NEED my sleep!

Does anyone know of any at home pain-management methods that work? I am open to any suggestions! THANK-YOU!!

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 11:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• a warm bath or shower, have your husband rub your back and feet, or go to a spa
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• massage or chiropractor or acupuncture
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i know you said home treatments, but chiropractor is my suggestion. have you tried the cat and cow yoga poses? it can relieve some pressure of the lower back. also, tons of water.
    funny, some say take it easy, and others say stay active!
    good luck to you, and i hope you gett some good do it yourself advice that will bring you some relief!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2010