What else can I do for my son?

I have a14 year old son.He has epilepsy,depression and conduct disorder.He is in special ed and attends an alternative school for being expelled from regular school.I have found out that he has been smoking marijuana and buying it from a student at his school.We went to court and he was drug tested we have to go back in a few weeks.He was suspended today for disrupting the class and disrespecting the teacher.I know that he put himself in this environment however I believe that his behavior has become worse since attending this school.The social worker @ the school told me that he doesnt know what else the school can do for him at this point.He doesnt want to be there and its almost as if hes trying to be put in juvenile services.I have been to dr after dr and counselor after counselor and nothing has worked,besides that everyday is like walking on eggshells with my son,does anyone have any advice at this point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• well, may sound far off, but have you tried Chinese medicine?
    I've got problems with depression and things along these lines- Acupuncture can really help a lot. It may not entirely solve the problem but I do believe it can help in a lot of ways.

I'd give it a try-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Have you sat down and really talked with your son? Have you asked him why he is making bad choices and why he has chosen these behaviors? What are his life goals and aspirations? Where does he see himself in five years? Where does education fit into his life plan? Hopefully, his answers to these questions (which may take several days to get) will guide both of you in your next steps.

Good luck...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• my son is almost 16 and about 5 years ago he got into some trouble and was very defient. he is adhd and odd. he also has a cognitive impairment. we set up a tour for him at a local detention center. the people there explained to him what its like to live there. one of the residents told him the thing he hated the most was that he no longer has any choices. they decide what he eats, when he eats, when he goes to bed, what he watches on tv, what he does in his spare time, and things like that. my son is now very aware of the choices he makes and has been doing great. it really worked.
    mustanggrl74

Answer by mustanggrl74 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Conduct Disorder is very difficult to deal with. I would do a lot of online research if i were you and see if there are alternative methods that could help as someone else suggested. Has he ever been tested for food allergies? Just wondering because I know children who were diagnosed with other disorders when it turned out they had horrible food allergies instead. I would also try to find a therapist who specializes in working with children who have CD, as they would be better able to help. Do you go to therapy or is there a support group where you live? If so, take advantage of that, you need all the support you can get.
    Anonymous