what do u think the average cost of a engagement ring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I've heard it is suppose to be 3 months pay.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i was going to say it's probably a few thousand dollars.

we only paid a few hundred for mine thou and i love it!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• depends on what you get.

I got a set for $6000
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• wow I did not have one. . . but for show I bought a cheap 14 dollar diamond from a pawn shop. . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• my whole one ring set (for me, our wedding sets were bought separately) cost only $6.45 . . . it was an auction buy. . . a lovely emerald claddaugh from Dublin.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 12:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Tradition says that an engagement ring should be at least one months salary and a wedding ring at least 3 months salary. So I guess it depends on a man's job.

It also depends on the girl, if you will be happy with a $20 wal-mart ring then that should be fine, if your high maintenance and need a more flashy ring then I guess that would cost much more.

The ring is just a symbol of love, and if you ask me the love behind the symbol is what matters not the price tag.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I was the one that picked out my engagement ring, we found it a flea market for about $10. It's silver with a heart shaped pink stone in it.

Our wedding bands are sterling silver that cost about $70 for the two of them. We didn't see the need to spend a ton on them when it's the thought behind them. Besides we had better things to spend what little money we did have, like food and diapers. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Hubby got my engagement ring, wedding band, and his wedding band all for around $1200., and that includes insuring my diamond. He did perfect, I'd have been pissed if he spent 3+ months worth of salary on rings! I love what imamommmmyyy said... "The ring is just a symbol of love, and if you ask me the love behind the symbol is what matters not the price tag. "
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My ex husband and I had gotten our sets for about 250-275. And I believe that included the insurance. He had chosen 2 sets for me to look at and had me make my choice and I was extremely happy with what I got. I have since pawned that and the v-day ring he had given me. I miss the v-day ring but the symbolism for it left and I couldn't wear it anymore without remembering. Those rings were a sybol of love for me and he cheated on me and left me for another female so I sold them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I would say the average is $1500.00...(the ones I have always really wanted was,lol)
    However...I have had 3 different ones from my ex husband and each one never cost more than $200.00 and they were really pretty and I liked them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2010