How can I get my 2yr old to use the potty w/out reminding her?

My DD will use the potty as long as I remind her. How can I get her to go on her own? I been taking her for the pass week & she hasnt had any accidents. Today I let her try it on her own w/out me telling her to go to the potty & she just pee on her self. I dont know if she is just to bussy playing that she dont wana go or what.

What should I do to help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep in mind she is two and has about a 2 minute attention span, IMO a 2 y/o is too young to take on the full responsibility of remembering to use the bathroom all on their own.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• She probably isn't fully ready to train. It is encouraging that she goes when you remind her. Just keep reminding her. Set a timer and take her when it dings.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Keep reminding her. She's not ready to go all on her own yet. shoot. sometimes i still have to remind my 4 and 5 year olds and they've been toilet learned for about a year and a half.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2010