How to you choose sides between family?

My husband absolutely hates my family. They do not get along with one another and my husband is forcing me to stay away from them. He is fine with me talking to my mother and my father and he is fine with the kids going to see their grandparents but when it comes to my cousins, aunts, uncles and the rest it's a negative.

What do I do? I love my husband but at the same time, I love my family. Either side I choose, it will tear me apart from either my family or my husband.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You DONT choose. But you should stand beside your husband.. ( or at least let him know you are). Tell you family, he is your husband and don't want to hear anything negative and tell your husband that you respect him but they are your family...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Your husband is your family too! and I agree with Anon. . . you don't have to choose and you shouldn't!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• if your hubby doesnt like your family, but you like your family, just communicate and visit them without him. Don't let him control who you can and cannot remain in contant with.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• why doesn't he like your family? Maybe a conversation should happen between you and your husband starting there. Maybe he may never like your extended family, but they seem to be important to you so maybe he can tolerate them for you. Communication is very important in this situation.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 5:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Your husband should not put you in this position, he is not being fair nor should he even have a say, he doesn't own you and control you does he? He is probably use to you obeying his comands, this is where he probably got the idea he could mandate in this dept. Sometimes we do things hubby tells us in order to please, but you got to put that foot down when what he wants is not right by you, go ahead and put that foot down!!!!

Answer by older at 8:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2010