Any beauticians/cosmetologists on here that can give me your advice?

I've decided that I want to go to school this fall. I quite my job of 4 yrs in January a few weeks before I had my 2nd daughter (they didn't offer maternity leave). I absolutely hated my job and decided I should take the opportunity to go back to school since I have it but I'm indecisive about what I want to go for. I really wanted to go to beauty school after high school but I went down the "mommy" road instead, so now I'm considering it again.since there's nothing I can decide on going to an actual college for. I just want some advice from those who have decided to choose this as a career and if you're happy or wish you would have taken a different path. I know I could go to school and get a degree in something that pays more but I'm the type who chooses happiness over money am my husband makes good money anyways And I'm almost certain I'd always be happydoing this. It's a big decision and if just like some input. Thank yo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you think you will be happy doing this then go for it!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I agree do what you are happy doing. I was a cosmetologist and was not happy. I did not like the "bitchy" women nor the fact of sitting around waiting to build a client base. Here in SO CAL there is a salon on each corner. There was no money and I was not happy. If you love it do it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2010