Birth Control

I am planning on getting back on BC but I dont know which one I should go on. I was on the pill but I got pregnant with my son while I was on it, so now I am nervous it will happen again. I thought of trying Mirena, but it scares me hearing all the side effects, and plus I heard it can grow into your uterus or something like that, and then I thought of the shot.

What type of BC are you or have you been on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Health

• I am on the Depo shot and I like it. I don't have to worry about forgetting a pill and I don't have a period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Really! Is it ok not to get a period, how often do you have to get it. and what if you want to have kids again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I really struggled with this question after the birth of my son. After much thought DH and I decided to try the Fertility Awareness Method or FAM. You basically chart your fertility signs and either abstain from intimate relations while fertile or use a barrier method such as the diaphragm or condoms. There are groups for both NFP (Natural Family Planning - very similar to FAM) and FAM if you want more information.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2010