Diapers leaving blue mark on my sons inner thighs!!!

Have anyone else had this problem? I am not sure if they are the Luvs diapers or the Huggies night time diapers.

But they are leaving a dark blue (almost looks black and blue) line on both of my sons inner thighs. I've tried washing it off and it's not coming off. His diaper isn't too tight I have checked myself several times.

We're going to buy another brand instead of Luvs, hoping thats the problem. Luvs has a brighter blue lining and the Huggies night time has a lighter blue.

Should I be worried? Anyone else ever have this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids are 6 and 9 now...so it's been a long time... I can't remember the brand, but we had a similar problem with one of the kids. Everytime it got wet the dye would leak and stain their skin. We switched brands...but it did scare the h*ll outta me to open the diaper and see what I thought were bruises all over the legs. LOL...live and learn. Good Luck!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 7:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• luvs did that to my little girl from the die in them and she also had a reacion to them. i had to switch her to the huggies. if your worried that it could be a bruise then i would go see his pediatritian and she/he could tell you better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Its probably the dye from the diaper.I do use Luvs on my daughter and thats never happened though..it could have been a "bad run" or a "bad batch" of diapers. Another brand that is simular in quality to the luvs is "Parents Choice" sold at Walmart..I recently tried those and they seem to work the same as Luvs.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• One of the children at the preschool that I work at had something similar to this....He was wearing pull-ups and the ointment or lotion that mom was applying to his skin BEFORE she put the pull up on him made the blue from the pull up go onto his skin...we thought it was brusies at first but when she mentioned what was going on we used baby wipes and tried to wipe it away and it did help take away some of the color but not all.
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 4:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2010

• I have that too! I'm so glad I found your post. We're using Huggies overnights. I will try switching to pampers
    .
    hzimmy

Answer by hzimmy at 10:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010