do you make things for charity?

and if so, where do you get the yarn? bargain stores? or use your own scrap yarn
I'm making baby blankets and using scrap yarn but i'm worried that they will look weird. I hope not! at church they said that many babies in other countries have nothing to lay on except a newspaper or trashbags..that is so sad to me..

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 7:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have never made anything, but my daughter received blankets from this organization http://www.projectlinus.org/ they made her 2 blankets...1 Precious Moments quilt that layed over her incubator and 1 teeny crocheted (sp?) blankie for Christmas... it really lifted our spirits. That site has lots of info that might help. Good Luck and Thank You for sharing your abilities!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 8:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• DO you have a local Freecycle Group? If you do then make a post request yarn for a charity project - you might be surprised at how many responses you get!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 8:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• call local crat and bargain stores and tell them what you are working on, sometimes you can get a discount for charity works with proof. good luck and ty for doing that :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• I have seen some very cute blankets made like patchwork quilts using all colors of yarn. I knit with some junior high girls at a local Christian school We give everything we make to charity. I buy yarn at garage sales and thrift shops. Parents and friends donate from time to time. I have posted on Freecycle and have had many people respond with dozens of skeins of yarn. Good luck. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 8:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2010