Puffs

Is it possible for a baby to choke on Puffs? I'm always worried when I give them to my 8 month old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The baby kind of puffs? They melt in their mouths. I gave mine them before 8 months old and they were fine.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It's possible to choke on just about anything. But it's not very likely with the puffs. As PP said, they're designed to dissolve in the mouth, so they're not solid for very long. Just be forewarned that this makes them very very sticky, so I'd be more worried about them getting stuck and drying on your carpet, lol. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• your carpet too dragon rider? lol
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 10:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• They are choking hazard and I wouldn't feed them to a baby. They aren't nutritious and are expensive.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I think at 8 months you're probably totally fine. At that age my doctor was suggesting cheerios and they don't even get as soft. If you're worried, break them in half.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• At that age, we gave our daughter puffed brown rice, just one at a time.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2010