Horrible Heartburn!!

I can deal with the cramping or throwing up... But this heartburn is soooo bad! It seems to start when i drink water... Is that possible? To get heartburn from water? How do i deal with this? This is my third baby and iv never had this so bad before. Iv been taking Zantec but its not helping.

Ps. Please dont say it means she will have lots of hair. My last baby i had normal heartburn with and she had close to no hair at all. And my first i had zero heartburn with but he was born with a full head of hair about two inches long!

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 8:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tums plus they give you extra calcium!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Talk to your OB or a nurse at your OB's office about taking something stronger.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Also, ask if they check to see if you are having gall bladder issues. I had horrible heartburn with my last pregnancy and 6mos. after he was born was STILL having it - turns out I had so many gall stones it was amazing I didn't end up with pancreas problems too.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• OMG I had heartburn with this last pregnancy, also my third! A glass of water, lettuce, you name it...it gave me heartburn! It did not stop until I had him three weeks ago and have not had a problem since. I didn't take anything for it because I would have had to take it NON STOP, but I just wanted to tell you that it will end....eventually! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i can get it from water too. i find eating small meals, and sitting up straight or stand or walk after eating helps. my heartburn is usually at its worst after i put my youngest to bed and then lie down on the sofa. i can take tums, but sitting up is more effective for me. also, it is worse if i eat high sugar junk food too...so i try to do that during the day instead of after dinner.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• You may also want to try drinkinkg milk. It works for me. I tried taking Tums but it didn;'t seem to work. I constantly drink milk throughout the day. But be careful with which type of milk you consume some may tend to put weight on you. I have gained 45 pounds and still have 2 months to go. My midwives said i should slow down on the milk but then my heartburn comes back. I find that 1% works better than fat free but have not tried 2% or whole milk.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2010