my 2 year old son suddenly screams(cry) in the middle of the night.every night!!!

please help me! my 2 year old boy wakes up in the middle of the night screaming,making sudden movements,cries.and it last pretty long time.i am exhausted!!i dontk know if he knows what he is doing or he has some problems with nervous sistem???please help!

vikaho

Asked by vikaho at 8:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All kids go through a stage of nightmares around this age. Don't worry about it. Just sooth him as m uch you can until he goes back to sleep. Assuming there is a problem with his nervous system is a bit extreme in my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Kids sometimes get night terrors. It is different from a nightmare because they don't actually wake up fully and are not aware of what is going on. Consoling them usually doesnt work and they wont remember what happened by the morning. Make sure that he is safe and wont fall or hit his head.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 9:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Is he calmable? HOw long is it lasting? is it only one time a night he's waking?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• MY 18 month old did this a couple weeks ago for about 4 days in a row. It broke my heart because I would go in there and hed be shaking and screaming. I think it nightmares or night terrors...not sure. but it did pass
    Kristal430

Answer by Kristal430 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• thank you for ue answers/advice.it is very hard to calm him down.i tried to sooth him,to order him-tried everything. no use. gets worse.he cant have nightmares every night??he does it every single night.i am scare hi will be kinda psycho.he screams ,sudden movments ,roll all over the bed and it is so hard for him to calm down and fall asleep.
    plus,generally he is very hard to handle,he does everything opposite,every time i need make him eat and it is fight again,cries..i have my own histerics from him at one point.and i have one more kid 9 month baby girl...but she is so easy and perfect baby
    vikaho

Answer by vikaho at 10:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2010