Who would like to meet with Sec. of Education Arne Duncan this May to discuss the crucial role parents play in helping implement the national agenda for improving the country's school system and educational opportunities available to our nation's children?

SECRETARY OF EDUCATION ARNE DUNCAN TO ADDRESS MOM EDUCATION ADVOCATES AT PARENTING MAGAZINE’S MOM CONGRESS CONFERENCE!

Parenting magazine continues search through March 15th for outstanding mom advocates from every state to attend the inaugural Mom Congress on Education and Learning in Washington, D.C. this May.

One mom from every state and Washington, D.C. will receive transportation and hotel accommodations to attend the Mom Congress conference
at Georgetown University, Sunday, May 2nd through Tuesday, May 4th, 2010.

hbeck

Asked by hbeck at 9:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's too bad that Arne Duncan isn't an educator.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I might be interested, though what I have to say might not meet with Duncan's approval.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• What about the children who all too often slip through the cracks? I'm talking about the military kids who move from State to State as well as overseas, trying to meet the hodgepodge of requirements to graduate that each State has, many of them different, and all too often not willing to work with the students or parents to make exceptions of give credit for meeting requirements in other States / districts before moving to the one they are in currently?

Are they going to have a representative as well?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I don't think they'd like me either, since my views on education are more often opposed to, than aligned with, the governments.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 11:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2010