Is not having someone else to take care of your child(ren) what made you a SAHM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. What happened was we moved to NY and I knew no one and no one was hiring. So, we could afford for me to be SAHM so I am. However, now that im back in NC I am looking for a little part time job. I have no friends with kids, so he is not interacting with other children at all. If I could get a job im sending him to day care so he can get some interaction. I understand that my pay check will be going to the day care, but I don't care. I like working its fun.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• at the time we can afford it and now that my daughter is going to be 3 i need to get a job because i need the money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Its one of the reasons we decided I would would be a stay at home mommy !:)
    As well as getting to enjoy my children while I watch them grow..I really didn't want to miss out on things with my 2nd that I felt I had missed out on with my 1st(I was a working mommy for 8 years with my 1st,
    It was financially easier for us to take care of them myself rather than paying someone else to,
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• No, not at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• No working for years in a Kindercare and seeing how kids get treated by staff and their parents made me a stay at home mom. At times I have worked but only when my husband was here to watch our child.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2010