Should I offer to buy a new car seat cover?

I recently ordered my son a new car seat and since the one I have is still pretty much brand new I offered it to a friend. When I bought the seat it came with two of those comfortable shoulder pads on the harness straps but I have since lost one of them. I called Graco, but in order to replace the missing pad I would have to buy an entire cover set because they are not sold separetly. The seat is perfectly safe to use without those pads, they were just for comfort. Should I offer to buy my friend a new cover or am I being nice enough by giving him a new car seat for free?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• At least inform your friend where to buy them

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• NO! You can buy strap covers that are padded at any baby store for much less - I never even used mine! And you are nice to give the seat to her! :) If she wants covers, she should buy them.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It really isn't safe to use pads that didn't come with the seat but to buy the ones that were crash tested with it would be close to $50
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Nah. I wouldn't worry about it. You can tell her you lost one so if she doesn't want it without them, she doens't feel awkward taking it, but there is no need to give her more. You're just offering what you had.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• You are offering her a free carseat, that's very nice of you and enough.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• you can buy them at walmart if you feel you must have them, but they are not a nessesity, and your giving her a new carseat... thats more then enough!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2010