i can't take it anymore

DH and I are having a hardtime right now he use to bring home around 5-600.00 home a week, but he is getting garnished so it is killing us now he brings 2-300.00 home and he is the only one working we tried to get food stamps and he still makes to much anyway, I am tired of mine and his family. They keep telling me not cause the money, but telling me if I was smart I wouldn't have another baby or I have 2 beautiful kids I should be thankful I have healthy kids why would I want another one (once the garnishment is payed off we will be back on our feet) I am getting my tubes tied just because of my family what else do they want? Now they are telling me not to worry about easter and not to worry about my DD's birthday next month they say she doesn't need one she wont know or she wont remember. She will be 5 she has been asking me for a week now about Easter and a month for her birthday. And they say she wont know. CONTINUE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• IMO - keep your family out of your buisness. I know its hard to give up the things you have, but really I think she's more important. I've done the same thing. Give her a small party, make the cake yourself, let her make the invites to give to her classmates & send to family members., get a few ballons, get chips n dip & some drinks what more do you need. really?

As getting your tubes tied. Screw them, its called BC & Condoms hun. Don't do it until you & your DH are ready to not have anymore kids.

As for Easter...eggs are not that expensive let her decorate them herself. ( w/ your help). See what your commuinty is offering for free. She doesn't need a expensive outfit, I love some walmart!!! or GoodWill for that matter! Or let her wear a fav dress or outfit she has already.

You don't have to go overboard just show her you care. Later in life she won't remember but she will for now. And thats whats important! GL!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• so I decided screw everyone I will have a party for her with just her sister me and DH and my sister her boyfriend and our nephew she is upset she said she wants lot of people to be there I am selling my game sysem so she can have things to open on her birthday. I am tired of everything anymore What does my family want from me???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• oh my grandma said I shouldn't be selling things to have her a birthday she is to little yet (5)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• IMO, a 5th birthday is not one to miss. I wouldn't go overboard, though. Just a small get-together and a few presents. For Easter, why don't you see what's going on in your town? A lot of places will have free activities for the kids...

If your family is driving you nuts about that kind of stuff, tell them either they can help out or buzz off!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• okay first of all: stop telling your family your business. you're allowing them to say negative things to you because you're letting them all up in your business. financial woes and hardships should be kept between you and your dh.
    do whatever you can to have easter and a bday party for your daughter. when my dh lost his job, it was around the same time as our daughter's bday. he went and sold his psp just so she could have gifts to open. your kids deserve for you to do whatever you can to make their day special. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• well, this is complicated- you say that you are going to have people there. Will they be bringing gifts for her to open? I know it's a touchy subject, but maybe that is the better way to go than selling the game system. I know if I found out when I was older that my family sold something like that for my birthday it wouldn't make me feel good I"d just feel bad.
    as far as her remembering things from five years old,I remember my birthday party. Depends on the person, I have a very good long term memory.
    PLEASE don't get your tubes tied just because of your family. I did and have problems over since. Don't let them tell you it won't affect anything. Some women it doesn't and others it has big time.

Don't try to please everyone, you can't.
    me, I'd tell those relatives if they want to help so much, then to pitch in and help rather than giving all the unwanted advice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• good one anon 1014!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• So basically you are teaching your child that material things and parties are more important than responsibility? We teach children what is important in life. It sounds like your priorities are not in order and you will pass that on to your children. There is more to life than money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• ANON 10:22 I understand what you are saying and my DD al;so has a long term memory shoot she can remember that her daddy worked at this shop down the raod from us he hasn't worked there since she was 18 months old then she remembers something that happened when she was 2 she talks about it all the time lol and then the thing with people being there all the is going to be there is my sister and her boyfriend then my sisters son. So she will get one or 2 things from them so I want to get her some stuff as well. I want to get her 2 things for her birthday then also for her birthday the rest of the stuff i was going to get her was stuff she needed dor school cause she is going to be starting shool in Augest
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• ANON 10:24 so what are you supose to do not have a birthday party for your child? SCREW YOU I am having a party for my child no matter what I have to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2010