Just had to share

This may not really classify to be a Current Event but since it just happened, we're excited and I actually like a great many of you I just had to share the news.

Last night after logging off CM my husband checked his email and he got something from Marlboro about winning a trip. My husband doesn't smoke but signed onto this website for a co-worker so that he can get more coupons for ciggies (I never knew you could get coupons) and my husband would pass the savings on to him. Well in the past my husband has also entered a few of there contest and has won design your own t-shirts and one of those expensive water bottles and such, nothing major right? until now.
We read the terms and conditions to make sure there was no catch. He RSVPed via the internet but I just called this morning to verify and the woman told me nope, no catch we really did win a this trip to the Marlboro Ranch in Montana.

Cont

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Lucky you I always wanted to go to Montana.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It's not a huge trip but let me tell you what's involved.

Roundtrip airfare for two to Montana
    Transportation to the ranch from the airport and our return trip
    3nights lodging
    and a check for 750.00

All this and neither one of us smoke. We don't have to do any stupid tours, there's no sales pitch cuz there's nothing really to sell. We looked the ranch up last night and there's tons of stuff to do there to keep us busy and the landscaping and views of the mountains....ah ladies it's just beautiful.

I'm so excited I just had to tell someone, my sister is at the airport saying goodbye to her hubby leaving for a business trip and my mum is out shopping and won't drop by until later on this afternoon and there's no sense of calling her cell - she won't have it on and my bff is at work.

I'm too excited, we've never won a trip before. Have any of you and where was it and what did it all include? Was it worth it?
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Cool! Enjoy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I've always wanted to go to Montana. When my husband and I first met I told him I wanted to go there cuz there probably aren't very many people of color there and everybody who knows me knows my joke "I can't stand black people". LOL

I love the look of this place cuz it looks like a the town in Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and that happens to be my favorite show (I actually have every season and the two made for tv movies too) I'm suck a dork. There's horseback riding, off roading, saloons, and tons of other stuff.

I just got off the phone with my bff and when she heard it was Montana she said "that's just up your alley". hahaha
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Word of warning, the IRS views contest winnings as income, and you will have to pay taxes based on the value of the trip. Don't let it catch you by surprise.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Thanks Mancosomma - my hubby works P/T in taxes and such so we already know.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Congrats to you guys ladybug! Sounds like it will be a nice little getaway.I hope you guys have an excellent time.Update us afterwards!

To answer your question no we have never won a trip to anywhere..we do hit the lottery here and there(we do not play it very often) ..for small amounts.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• tn - winning the lottery now that's what I'm talking about. In my religion playing the lottery is considered gambling but my hubby isn't in my religion so he plays every now and again and me and my family always joke and say we might not play but we don't have a problem in spending yo money if you did. hahaha Can you say LIPO???
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Congratulations! When do you go? I grew up in western MT. My sister lives in Bozeman now, but that doesn't look like it's too far away from where the ranch is. Are you going while it is still cold, or will you get warmer weather while you are there?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Quinn - we're going during warmer weather. Exactly when my hubby gets to find out tonight. There will be several summer dates for him to choose from.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2010