What do you consider "home cooking"?

Do you count things like Hamburger Helper or heating up frozen food as home cooking or only real cooking (where you have to measure all the ingredients and none of them come prepared for you) done from scratch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Whole foods and natural ingredients are home cooking..Hamburger helper and frozen processed food is garbage.. ( They are good when you are busy or in a jam but I think should only be used occasionally..)

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 10:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• actual veggies, lean meats, cooking with other fresh ingredients and doing a great deal of it from scratch. I love cooking - which reminds me I gotta take out the ground turkey so it can thaw for dinner tonight.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• When i cook it at home compared to going out or ordering in!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I consider "home cooking" as something you actually made yourself. Hamburger Helper and frozen dinners don't count because technically someone else prepared them. That's just my opinion though. :)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• idk i guess it depends. you can add alot of other stuff to hamburger helper like veggies, etc. and i would count that as cooking but frozen pizza or tv dinner no
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• You know, I think that if you are heating it up at home and sitting together at the table for a family meal that it can be called "Home cooking". The point is that you are at home, together at the table not in HOW it is made.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I do not consider Hamburger Helper or warming up frozen food as home cooking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2010