should I talk to my OB? What should I say to him? (period)

Well first off before I had kids up until 2 years ago before I had my 2nd DD my periods were exactly every 28 days and I would start in the morning and would be heavy the first 2 days then slow down and by the 5th day I was off of it. Now since I had my DD 2 years now. I have periods no cramps which is a good thing I guess, but I spot like a brown discharge the first day to where I think I am pregnant cause both kids I did that and then I will start the next day and now I start anywhere from 21 to 31 days. When I am on it I am neauseas and I am like so depressed when I am on it anymore it seems like it is getting worse I mean you know it is bad when you call yourself a bitch right? LOL...When I take a bath the water in the tub is like a brown color from bleeding so heavy sometimes I bleed through my pads and my clothes. Can't wear tampons. And I also am heavy for the full 5 days now too. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Health

• Just tell him what is going on! He is a OB and that is his job and has probly heard worse!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• first, how has your diet and exercise changed from then to now? if those are exactly the same, then i would talk to your doctor. a woman's period can be like a window into her overall health. also, stress can hugely impact a woman's cycle. i think yoga is awesome for stress management, but it depends on you and your lifestyle really.
    good luck and good health to you!
    (i think no cramps with the heavy bleeding sounds better than cramps with heavy bleeding)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It could be uterine fibroids causing the heavy bleeding. Tell your doctor and he'll do an ultrasound.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2010