are there any pacifers really soft for breast fed baby?

my baby doesnt really like pacifers and rigth now we are in the process of ending co sleeping and moing into a crib ( she is 13 months old) we are atarting with naps and have at least another week till we try the night time transition. however my thing is she nurses through the night and i dont think it is b/c she is hungry just wanting to suckle and if she cant get to my breast she fusses herself awake. she wont take any of the paci's we have so i was wondering if they make a really soft one? want ot make the end of co sleeping as easy as possible on her and me!

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i like the soothie ones they give in the hospital. get the 0-3 month ones. they have them in target. all of my babies loved them (well baby |#2 didn't want any paci so he doesn't count lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Gerber Flex. They flex in and out just like a natural breast. It's the only one my BF babies would take.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• my kids always liked the "nuk" brands
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Soothie and gerber silicone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Mine only would take a MAM. He would spit the others across the room, yes, even in the first weeks.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• but are these really soft, i found the silcone ones kinda stiff.
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• ANY brnad with a rubber nipple. But consider that at one year most people are trying to take the pacifier away.

Since you're transitioning, check out drjaygordon.com for a great article on sleep and how top move baby. You can accomplish it without ever needing a pacifier.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Actually, some kids have the non-nutritive desire to suck at least until 18 months and some longer. Pediatric dentist say that a pacifier up to age 3 is fine, but, to wean around then. So, if she wants her to use one, it's fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My son loves soothies. We use the newborn ones - he doesn't like the bigger ones.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Toddlers nurse through the night and get a lot of milk. That milk is very beneficial for them. As babies get older the composition of the milk changes to meet their changing needs. Toddlers do not nurse at night "for comfort" and a pacifier isn't a substitute for night nursing.

It's normal for human toddlers to sleep with their mother and nurse through the night. It's what humans have done for all time and it is hardwired in your child's brain. In most of the world mothers and toddlers still sleep together and breastfeed. The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding for at least 2 years.

Your milk now produces extra immunity to protect your child from infections from putting things in her mouth and being around more people. Nursing a lot helps with mouth development that helps speech and may prevent the need for braces. There are many benefits of toddler frequent nursing and night is the easiest time.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2010