Children and sweating.....plaease read

My 4 year old son started running a fever last Friday. I had concern because he was on antibiotic for 10 days prior to this. He had fever off and on all weekend. I took him to the doc Monday morning and she told me he had ear infection and maybe something viral because he threw up once that morning but after a cough. By 5pm that same day he was throwing up everything and fever of 103.5 would not break. I took him to the ER and they confirmed ear infection in both ears, said that he had touch of pnemonia, and stomach virus. Gave him two shots and the next day he was on the road to recovery. He has not had fever since Tuesday but this morning was real sweaty. I changed him and he went back to sleep and it sweaty again but temp is normal. I took him to the doc yesterday for follow up and she now thinks he had the flu....should I worry about the sweats or is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it's normal for the flu if that's what's wrong with him. haven't you ever had the flu and your skin feels clammy but you're sweating all over the place
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• is this after the fever...no fever since tuesday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• if the dr. said he has the flu the antibiotic shots he got are not gonna make that go away, so if he actually does have the flu he's still fighting it and will show flu symptoms kwim?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Ya I think it's normal. When my kiddos have the flu, I take garlic, slice it open and rub it on the bottom of their feet. Sounds wierd, but it really works. Hope your baby gets better. Oh ya, and I pray too!!!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2010