How do I tell my husband that I'm pregnant?

We didn't think we could get pregnant any more because I've been so ill. Well, I took the test and there was no waiting for the results. That little plus sign decided to pop up just as soon as the strip was wet. NO JOKING!
I think that means there is no disputing this one. But now I have the thing of, how do I tell him I am pregnant? We wanted this, but we definitely were not expecting this.
Last time I told him we were pregnant, I set up sparkling cider and waited for him to get home from class. He didn't take that news very well. He actually really upset me last time. I don't want that kind of disappointment again. I don't think I could handle that kind of disappointment again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ahhhh i got it.... leave the test in a ziplock bag or maybe just a note taped to his steering wheel saying im pregnant, so when he gets up to go to work when hes getting ready to drive off he'll see it and it will brighten the rest of his day
    nmgirl87

Answer by nmgirl87 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• put the test in a sip lock bag and put it somewhere - then ask him to go get you something from where ever you put it - he will see it - alone, have a min to process and then come back to you.
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• How did your last pregnancy turn out? Was he upset because he couldn't handle more dissappointment? I would wait to tell him until you know this pregnancy will turn out well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• well, try to prepare him i guess if you think he might not take the shock well. say things like i have some really shocking news, great news, you'll never guess, etc. and then tell him but just keep in mind how he acted before so you're not disappointed again.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• why don't you just call him up or wait til he gets home or something, and say why you thought you might be preggo, and you took a test and it's positive.
    unless your using contraceptives, there's a chance, even if a little chance you could get pregnant...so what's with the dissapointment?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• How about "Honey, we're pregnant"
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• OP here
    I left a card for him taped to the door. He found it on his way in. It gave him reaction time without me around, which is really what was best for both of us. Thanks for the advice ladies.
    Anonymous