So..Tell me..How do you make Cabbage?? :)

Ive been craving cabbage and bought some but have no idea how to make it. Any and all reciepes are welcomes! Thanks!

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 11:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Chop it up, saute' in some oil, with onion, salt and pepper, cover and cook until softened. Yummy!
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• you want to cook it or keep it raw? you could make stuffed cabbage or boiled cabbage or corned beef roast w/ cabbage or coleslaw.... i can't eat cabbage lol it makes my baby gassy
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• all I do is boil it plain and then slap some butter, salt and pepper on it...YUM
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:08 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Whats stuffed cabbage and how do I make that? Does anyone know how to make egg rolls? And Bradenlsmyson that sounds yummy and easy! Thanks!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 11:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• i boil it with a pice of cooking ham and when its all soft i put olive oil and salt and pepper on both ohhh so yummy lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Stuffed cabbage is taking ground beef, rice, tomato sauce, spices and putting them in a cabbage leaf and rolling it up and baking them.

You need to buy egg roll wrappers, you can use coleslaw mix, seasonings, roll them up and deep fry or bake them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• It is easy. I like the taste and texture a bit better than boiling it. It still has a little crunch to it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Ohh that sounds soooo good! The stuffed cabbage that is. I think Im gonna have to make that for lunch instead of dinner. Lol. Thanks for the ideas!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 11:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• My mum and my sister fry it. I'm not sure how they do it no one is allow in the kitchen when they are making it but I do know they put bacon and spices in a hot cast iron skillet.  The both try to out do each other tho and it's so funny while they both use many of the same ingredients they both claim to use some things the other doesn't.  My mum's is good but my older sister's is as we say "she put her foot in it" that basically means it's hellah good.

Matter of fact my mum made fried cabbage for the Winter Olympic opening ceremony last month.  Olympics are a big thing in my family and each opening ceremony is met with family and friends over and a big meal.  

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Rolls
    1TB packed brown sugar
    1 large head green cabbage
    1 can (15 oz.) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or 1.5 cups home cooked)
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3-1/2 cups marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce (jarred or home cooked)
    1/3 cup raisins
    3 TB lemon juice
    Remove 8 large outer leaves from head of cabbage. In a Dutch oven cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes or just until leaves are limp. Drain cabbage leaves. Trim the thick rib in center of each leaf. Set leaves aside. Shred 4 cups of the remaining cabbage; place shredded cabbage in a 3-1/2 to 6 quart crock pot. In medium bowl combine beans, cooked rice, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 1:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2010