Stuffed Peppers?

Anybody have a recipe or tips on how to make good stuffed peppers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can use any color of pepper..but I like to use the green ones. I cut them in half, clean them out, wash them well.Set aside. Cook some rice (white or brown,whichever you prefer..I use white).I use one cup less water than normal,to make it a little less"wet".I let it cool...put it in the fridge for awhile. I use ground meat(you can use any kind of meat you want),mix an egg or 2,some salt,pepper,garlic,chopped onions,seasoned bread crumbs, can of diced tomatoes(drained),and the cooked cooled rice..mix it all together then stuff into the pepper halves...place into a baking pan. Use cans of Campbells tomato soup,mix with water and pur on top.Bake until done. If they seem a little dry while baking, pur a little more tomato soup mixed with water on top..a little at a time, you dont want too much. You really can put whatever you think sounds good into your meat mixture...inda like meatloaf,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• 2 lbs ground meat
    1 cup cooked rice
    2 cans of tomato soup ( or homemade)
    one onion chopped and diced
    salt/pepper
    1 clove minced garlic
    4 peppers cleaned, cut in half

mix together the beef, rice, one can of soup, onion, salt/pepper, garlic
    stuff into peppers
    mix together 2nd can of soup with 1 can water, stir and pour over peppers
    cover and bake at 350 for 1hour, remove cover and bake additional 30-40 mins
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I love stuffed peppers! I dont have a perfected recipe but I do like them cooked with tomato soup instead of any other kind of tomato cause it makes them sweeter!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I make mine very simply. I sautee some onions in a skillet, then add lean ground turkey to the skillet. Season with a packet of taco seasoning and cook til done. Meanwhile cook some rice in a pot according to directions (I normally do 1/4 cup of COOKED rice per pepper). Mix the rice with the ground turkey mix and some salsa or taco sauce to keep it moist. Top with shredded cheese (we like cheddar but you can use mozzarella or a mexican 4 cheese blend too) and bake at 400 til the cheese is melted and the peppers are softened.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Thanks guys:) My grandmother used to make them and I 'm trying new things in the kitchen cause we are sick of the same stuff! Have a good weekend!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2010