Anyone ever get sick of hearing, "You're home all day!"

When DH comes home, automatically sheds his boots, plops on his recliner, and there he stays until 1. time to shower, or 2. time for bed, and reaches for the remote control?

I made an observation, "That looks like a good episode!" (previews of the Kitchen Nightmares were coming on for the show about to start)

He says to me, "You're home all day, you get to watch what you want!"

WELL, MR! "I'm going back to work!" I say.

Not only am I entirely too busy during the day running his errands, paying his debts, watching our child, playdates, doctor's appointments, doing laundry, dishes, unpacking from our recent move, planning his lunch, FIXING his lunch, planning his DINNER, FIXING his dinner, going to the store, filling his vehicle with fuel, ETCETERA... all the while watching Nick JR... the good shows don't come on til 7 at night anyway!

Anyone agree that coming home and taking over the tv is WRONG? LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Frying pans work REALLY well in situations like this
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• This discussion is going on in one of my groups right now! Men dont realize what it takes to do housework, grocery shop, care for kids...and everythng else dumped on our plate. I am single and doing both jobs now (but my d is 8 so she is at school while i work) but still it is hard to get everything done..doing it with no thanx or reward is even harder.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• If I'm not cleaning or out doing errands than  the kids are watching their shows..I know how you feel I get so sick of watching his shows, like Fantasy Factory, Orange County Choppers.. Lucky we both love food shows like Chopped and Diners Drive ins and Dives, we call it food porn:)

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I think it's wrong that he comes home and thinks he has no other obligations to his family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• get yourself your own tv
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• This is passive/aggressive and will not work on all men...but what I started doing was making up a list of things to accomplish today and taped it to my laundry room door (in our LR). Everytime I did something I checked it off...serve dinner, walk to door check it off...after watching me several times walk to this sheet hubby asked what I was doing. Then he read it...after a week of this he got the hint...stopped his whining an actually help more....And when he starts slacking...the to do list gets taped back up and he gets the hint! LOL
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 11:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Good idea Kaylasmiracle..If they actually can see and read all we do they may appreciate it more, I may try this..I think sometimes men don't realize the effort into keeping a house nice, making a great dinner, or that there is not a laundry fairy, lol.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Tape your shows on a VCR or TIVO or whatever you have. Watch them when you want. I bet you are lonely too if that's all he does. Try to take some time to make some friends. Moms groups or volunteering or something.

Can't change men. I'm lucky I don't need much sleep and can do what I want while everyone is asleep.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• I don't want this to turn into some kind of SAHM war, at all. But DANG, I mean, I get so sick of Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, "Mousketools!" and the freakin' Imagination Movers! It's poopy diapers, dirty toilets, filthy tubs, cheese stuck to DH's plate from the nachos he had to have at 9pm because he was "starving" cause he didn't like the onion I put in supper. I have tried lists before... Not sure it made a difference to him, but I ran out of the notepad that had a magnet I'd hang on the fridge... I'm gonna try it again, thanks, Kaylasmiracle.

Not sure DH will notice, but he might see what I actually do accomplish in a day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• Thank Goodness for the DVR.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2010